If you accept that all planning is political, you can see how our focus on land use politics looks at how to generate community support and overcome the passionate opposition that can flare up over development. The Saint Report has published case studies from some of the 1,500 major planning battles The Saint Consulting Group has fought since 1983.
The examples below cover most property sectors including wind energy, retail, theme parks, and urban redevelopment. They illustrate how the gathering of real-time intelligence – what we call political due diligence – and the creation of campaign strategies and tactics can mitigate objections, neutralize the opposition and rally community support.
- Saint Model Outcomes – actions speak louder than words in land use politics
- Saint Model Outcomes – help developers find and rally latent support
- Saint Model Outcome – local group is key to winning support for theme park
- Saint Model Outcome – video, local outreach win town board vote on retail move
- Saint Model Outcome – politics of planning wins referendum to protect development
- Saint Model Outcome – coal-fired power plant must respond to local concerns
- Saint Model Outcome: counter opposition to urban renewal, find your own support
- Saint Model Outcome — a wind farm case study on how to build community support
Saint University, the academic and corporate training arm for The Saint Consulting Group, offers corporate training and professional development seminars drawn from a quarter century of winning land use battles in the US, Canada and UK. For more information about The Saint Consulting Group, visit www.tscg.biz